- 29 Mar 2023
- 7 Minutes to read
EMV Card Reader for Contactless and Chip
- Updated on 29 Mar 2023
- 7 Minutes to read
- Ingenico Move/5000 (US-only)
- US Data Sheet (Note: Some feature options may not be available)
- Move/5000User Guide
- Supplementary Information for Cleaning Ingenico Payment Terminals
- The hardware price will come directly through WineDirect Payments.
Charge the battery
Connect the supplied terminal power supply unit using the jack connector on the Terminal's left side. Connect the power supply unit to an available power source. The Move/5000 will automatically turn on.
Check to see if the battery symbol in the top right corner is flashing or moving(=battery charging) by pressing 0000.
Charge the battery for 16 hours on initial start-up using the supplied power adapter. The battery will charge to total capacity in four hours and 50% in 1.5 hours.
Insert or replace the receipt roll.
For detailed instructions, please see Page 22 of your Ingenico Move/5000 User Manual.
- Open the paper compartment by lifting the catch at the rear of the Terminal and pulling the net back to open.
- Insert the receipt roll in the compartment.
- Pull the paper to the top of the Terminal.
- Hold the paper and close the lid.
- Press both corners of the paper flap simultaneously until it clicks into position.
- Press the paper feed button on the bottom left to confirm the paper is loaded correctly.
- If the paper does not feed or print correctly, remove the paper roll, turn the paper roll over to reload, and try again.
How to configure WI-FI
To configure your device on WiFi, you will need the following:
- To know the WiFi network and appropriate password to which you are trying to connect.
- Ensure the WiFi area you connect to has the necessary coverage and signal strength. We recommend connecting your smartphone to the WiFi and confirming your coverage in all areas where you wish to make sales.
- From the HOME screen (during initial setup, the screen will be "This lane closed" ):
- Enter the code to access the ADMIN MENU by pressing 0001.
- Select 3 for "WIFI Parameters."
- Select 2 for "Scan Networks."
- Select the WiFi area to which you would like to connect your Terminal.
- Enter the password for the WiFi area using the touchscreen keypad and press the green ENTER button. Note: You can change the font size or switch to the number keypad by pressing the "ABC" or "1,2,3" button on the screen. Once the password has been accepted, the Terminal will display 'NEW PROFILE OK.'
- To confirm the Terminal is logged on, from the HOME screen, press 001. The WIFI symbol at the top left will be green, indicating signal strength.
Pairing EMV Terminal with POS
1. Ensure your POS and Terminal have the same WiFI network connection.
2. Log into the POS system.
3. Click Menu Bar (the 3 bars in the upper left corner of the POS screen) > Device Settings.
4. Click Setup New Terminal. (If you have already set up the EMV terminal previously and are connecting another POS or reconnecting to an existing POS, select the Nickname of the Terminal from the EMV Terminal dropdown menu.)
5. On the next screen, you be asked to enter a Nickname for the device. This will be used to identify the EMV terminal from a list of devices for future use and can, for example, be used to indicate the primary location of service.
6. You will also be asked to enter the last eight digits of the device's Serial Number (S/N). This can be found on a sticker on the back or from the device menu accessed by pressing '0000'.
7. To complete the device registration, click the Create button to see a green banner and confirmation that the setup process was successful. Then save the selected device to associate it with the POS profile you are using, and you're ready to process your first payment!
Once a terminal is set up, there are several settings that you can edit through the POS by going to . . .
- Edit the nickname to reflect any changes you want to make.
- Disable tipping (ON by default) is where the user can disable the tipping screen on the device. Changing this setting will require you to restart the Terminal for it to take effect.
- Enable receipt printing (OFF by default). You can also enable automatic receipt printing here, OFF by default. Changing this setting will require you to restart the Terminal for it to take effect.
- Delete a terminal. Pressing the Delete button above is a warning that says you cannot process an EVM transaction without one. Pressing Delete will also prompt the user to reconsider to avoid accidental deletions.
Please use the steps outlined below to place a POS transaction and pay with the EMV Terminal:
1. Make sure the Terminal you want to pay with is the default by going to Device Settings, selecting the device, and clicking Save.
2. Add items to your POS cart as with any POS transaction and click Charge when ready to checkout.
3. Click the Pay With Terminal button.
Note that split transactions are supported by clicking the Split button under the Total Due and processing individual payments until the amount owed is zero.
4. Next, the transaction will be sent to your EMV terminal, and the terminal screen will, by default, display the optional tipping screen (this can be turned off in Edit EMV Terminal settings). Customers can enter a custom dollar amount or press the red cancel button to skip this screen and leave no tip.
If the winery wants to provide an utterly contactless payment experience, they must verbally prompt the customer for a tip and enter it on their behalf.
5. The next screen will prompt the customer to Swipe, Tap (using a contactless credit card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay), or Insert Card. Note that the Terminal will require another payment entry method if the customer has a chip card.
Do not attempt to use any other card-reading device, including the MagTek swipers.
6. Following the Terminal indicating the transaction was approved, the POS will automatically transition to the digital receipt screen on the POS, where you can email an itemized receipt to the customer. Their email will be pre-populated in the field if you selected or added a contact before this step; otherwise, you can enter an email address, and a customer record with the email address will be created, and the order placed into the order history for the contact.
7. Finally, the Success screen shows, with a summary of the tip and sale total, the options to print an itemized receipt, an itemized receipt with a signature line, or start a new order.
Note that sellers in the U.S. and Canada can now skip collecting signatures on all EMV or contactless card transactions. In April 2018, all major payment networks announced they would no longer require merchants to obtain a signature.
1. Log into the POS system.
2. Click Menu Bar (the 3 bars in the upper left corner of the POS screen) > Order Manager.
3. Scroll until you find the order to refund or search for your order using the magnifying glass icon in the upper right of the Order Manager screen.
4. Orders paid for using an EMV Terminal will be marked with a payment type of Terminal.
5. Click the Refund Items tab in the top right of the screen.
6. You should now see the Tenders display. There should be multiple lines and Refund buttons if there are various tenders.
7. Enter the amount you would like to refund and click Process.
8. A screen will appear asking you to "Use Terminal to Swipe, Tap or Insert [Card Type] Ending in [Last 4 Digits]".
To complete a refund without a card present, press the cancel button on the Terminal. The screen on the POS will now show that as an option at the bottom of the popup window.
9. Once the Refund is processed, you will see the Receipt modal. You can send a Receipt to notify the customer of the Refund or No Thanks.
10. The green Success checkmark on the POS screen lets you know the refund process is complete. Click Print Receipt or Back To Orders to finish the Refund.
11. If you encounter an error when processing a refund, you will be taken to a Refund Error modal. It will provide you with the error message and an option to restart and try inserting the card again by clicking the Retry button.
Can the swipe function be used to apply for gift cards, capture contact information from a driver's license, or add a credit card to a member record?
These features are not supported at this time. You can still keep your MagTek iDynamo swipers connected to the iPad/iPhone,swipers and use those swipers to simply record the data for you. You will not have to switch devices in the POS application to use that functionality of those swipers, since the iDynamos are “plug and play”.