The Marketing URLs section allows you to control and manage the marketing URLs for your pages and how to create URL redirects. Watch the tutorial video and read the text to learn more:
Add a Marketing URL
1. In the Admin Panel, navigate to Content Editor > Marketing URLs.
2. Click the [+] Add A Marketing URLbutton.
3. In the Marketing URL field, type in the name of the marketing URL.
4. In the Link URL field, type in the URL link.
5. In the Redirect dropdown field, select either No. Show "Marketing URL" in the Link Bar or Yes. Redirect Traffic and show "Link URL" in Link Bar.
6. The QR Code will automatically generate after filling out the Marketing URL and Link URL and selecting the Redirect field.
MARKETING URL DEFINITIONS
The complete URL used to view the website page.
A shortened version of the URL which contains the page information.
The long page ID or original web address for the page.
The QR code changes every time the marketing URL is changed. If you print your QR codes on your products, ensuring the marketing URL does not change is very important.
Example of a QR Code:
Marketing URLs FAQs
How do I implement a 301 redirect?
A 301 redirect is used to ensure that links to your previous website that have already been indexed by Google are not broken when you migrate your website's pages to WineDirect. To set up a 301 redirect:
Enter the URL of your previous page in the 'Marketing URL' box.
Enter the new URL that the customer should be redirected to in the 'Link URL' area.
When set up correctly, the customer will be able to access your page via the old URL. This is useful when migrating from another platform to WineDirect.
Why isn't the marketing URL taking effect?
Make sure you are applying your changes (page properties) AND saving your page before you check the page. If the page is already open in your browser, close it, then reopen it.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you