A Sales Attribute is one of the ways to track, organize and sort your orders coming into the system. This function is mainly intended for iPad POS orders and Admin Panel orders. If you do not have Sales Attributes on your menu, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get this turned on. Please read the following text to learn more about Sales Attributes.
Create a Sales Attribute
To create sales attributes in the Admin Panel, you will first:
1. Go to Settings >Misc > Sales Attributes
2. Click the green [+] Add A Sales Attribute button.
3. Name your Sales Attribute (e.g., Tasting Room, Merchandise, VIP) and mark the Attribute as Active to use it.
Using Sales Attributes
Admin Panel Orders:
You can apply the Sales Attributes you've created in the Bill Customer tab when placing an Order.
iPad POS Orders:
When placing an Order on the iPad POS, you can add the Sales Attribute after you've collected payment in the Additional Order Info of the order process. If this window does not show up when placing an order, please get in touch with email@example.com to get this turned on.
Visibility and Reporting
1. Navigate to Store > Orders. Search and select any order.
2. In the General tab of the order, in the Order Information section, you can view any Sales Attributes used when placing the order.
3. You can edit, remove, or add a Sales Attribute to the order by clicking the green pencil next to the Order Number.
Sales Attributes will appear on the order when viewed from the admin panel but not on emails or receipts sent to the customer, as this is an internal tracking option not intended to be viewed by the end consumer.
1. Navigate to Reports > Sales in your admin panel.
2. Sales attributes will appear in all applicable Sales Reports, such as Sales by Date, Sales by Order Number, Sales by State, Sales by Customer, Sales Detail/Detail X, Abandoned Carts, and the Payment Report.
Sales Attributes also will have its column on all applicable Sales Reports.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you